- Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices
- American Cheese Slices (Not that imitation stuff!)
- Italian Mozzarella Ball (Just find the spot with all the fine expensive cheese. It’s there.)
- Whole grain bread slices. (I like the Ezekiel Bread, but it’s whatever!)
- Coconut or Olive Oil Spray (Coconut oil is more fragrant.)
- Butter knife
- Yada, yada…
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Slice your mozzarella ball.
- Each sandwich should have one slice of Sharp and American cheese slices with chards of mozzarella.
- Spray the pan with oil generously and add a teaspoon of butter to the pan for flavor. Wait until the it melts.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the buttered side out.
- Cook each side on low to medium heat until the cheese melts and the bread is golden brown. (It’s ok if the cheese melts onto the pan. Just make sure you get that with the spatula.)
- Place a lid on the pan to speed up the cooking.
- Turn the sandwich over and let the other side cook until it is golden brown.
- Serve with tomato soup…or don’t.
Lord have mercy!
Note: During the cooking process, spray a little extra oil in the pan every time you find the pan is getting a little smoky.
Full credit of this recipe goes to my husband.
Written by Zorina Frey
Got a recipe to show off? Submit it here. If we like it, we’ll ask for a picture.