First of all, if you are employed at any of the essential businesses anywhere around the world, THANK YOU! I don’t care what you’re religious faith is, just know that I’m praying for you. Really I am. Believe that. 💓
Secondly, for anyone who has lost a loved one to this epidemic, my sincerest condolences and may God strengthen you–us all really, in this trying time and bless us all with a peace that surpasses all understanding.
I don’t know what kind of resources are available to you, but here are some tips to keep yourself safe from the Corona Virus:
(Consult your doctor first, because I am not one.)
- Wash your hands. I know, I know you know, but it can’t be stressed enough though.
- Out of alcohol? Find some 70-proof Vodka. That’ll do it. It has to be everclear though.
- Out of sanitizer gel? Mix some alcohol (or 70-proof Vodka) with some aloe vera gel. Some companies are using glycerin. I don’t know if that’s safe, but it’s just what I read.
- Out of face masks? Use a scarf, handkerchief, anything to wrap around your nose and mouth. I don’t care if they say it doesn’t work. At least you’re trying.
- Got bleach? Mix a little bit of bleach with regular tap water, put it in a spray bottle. Don’t spray your clothes though! This works as a disinfectant. Back when I worked in a daycare years ago, we’d spray down the kids’ nap-time beds to avoid ringworm.
If you’re quarantined at home, please:
- Do not flush disinfectant and baby wipes down the toilet! I don’t care if they say it’s biodegradable. That only means that it will break down throughout the years, but not in your drain. Don’t clog the pipes! The plumber’s priority will most likely be government-related. That goes for all menstrual napkins too.
- Drink lots and lots of water! Not thirsty? I don’t care. Drinks copious amounts of water. I mean keep an empty 2-liter soda bottle or an empty gallon next to you and DRINK. THAT. SH*T. DAILY!
- Out of toilet paper? (The thing no one wants to talk about) Get creative, but stay clean and hygienic! Paper towels and disposable napkins will do the trick. DON’T FLUSH THOSE EITHER! We’ll revisit this another time if we have to.
- Ordering a lot of supplies online? Disinfect the packages with your home-made solution. They say the virus can stay on a surface for a few hours up to several days (WTF???) Most of our United States couriers are wearing gloves, but you can never be too safe.
- Running low on food? Are you really low on food or are you just not getting creative enough? There is a deadly virus running amuck and you want to go to the grocery store because you’re out of a seasoning salt? If it’s not medicinal, shame on you! Watch “Chopped” on the Food Network and get creative with what you already have whether it’s a lot or not. STAY HOME!
- Getting bored. Getting antsy? Yeah, join the club. Beachbody Fitness is offering a FREE 14-Day Trial for online workout videos.
- Working from home? Get on Zoom and get creative with online interacting. If you have a GMail account, Google Hangouts is free! Of course, there’s always social media, which brings me to…
- Social Media Posts! So many people are getting super creative with their skill set and sharing it online. From food, fitness, creative writing to storytelling. Do it! Word to the wise, approach with caution. Once you publish live on FB, no take-backsies…
The photo you would’ve gotten before quarantine and the “what-the-heck-we’re-in-this-together-photo”. Still smiling! 😊 ~Zorina Frey
45 Magazine is still accepting original fiction, non-fiction, poetry, screenplays, and graphic novel stories.
No Fee Submission.