Forget waiting in a long drive-thru for these little babies. Now you can make them yourself. They are great for on-the-go breakfast, brunches and even a quick snack. Prep a bunch of these cheesy egg bites and then freeze them for another day. That’s what these businesses do! To spare you from scrolling to eternity for a recipe, I’ll stop right here!
Cheesy Egg Bite Recipe
by Zorina Frey – Miami, Florida USA
- 3 Eggs (Free range, substitute eggs, whatever.)
- 1/4 c Milk (Any kind, even heavy cream. Yes, almond milk will do too! Keep in mind, the fattier the milk, the fluffier the egg. So that’s on you!)
- 1/4 c Gouda Cheese
- 1/4 c Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Parsley (Dried or fresh. If it’s dried, you’re probably not going to taste it anyway. It’s just great for adding color to elevate your plating game.)
- Nitrate-free Sausage and Bacon (Optional)
- Mini muffin baking sheet
- Baking spray
- Set the oven to 360F. If you’re including meat, now is the time to cook that now. Be sure to drain the fat and chop it up nicely. Remember, these are bite-size
- Spray the mini muffin baking sheet with baking spray. (Do it now or else you’ll forget and be very, very sorry.)
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tins halfway to leave room for the cheese and/or meat.
- Add the cheese and/or meat. If you want more cheese, then by all means don’t let me stop you.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until you can stick a fork or toothpick in and out of the mini souffle dry. Also keep in mind that the cheese may stick. When it browns on top, that’s also a clue that it’s ready!
- Let the mini egg bites cool for 15 minutes. Sprinkle dry parsley.
One Comment Add yours
Sooo making these! Thanks for the recipe 🙂