If you’re at the point in your life where you now realize that carbs are your enemy, but you miss having hamburger helper, here’s a healthier twist. It’s a low-carb, low-cost way to make a family meal. This plate could certainly use some fresh green to brighten the plate, but let’s be honest, Hamburger Helper isn’t exactly a gourmet dish. Of course, any other these ingredients can be substituted so feel free to put your own stank on it. Although be warned, you’re substitution may not be considered low carb. At any rate, post your recipe and show it off!
- 1 Can of Progresso Tortellini Soup (Any low-sodium pasta-based soup.)
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 Onion
- 1 Can Green Beans (Fresh is always better.)
- Curry powder
- Thyme & Parsley (Don’t trip if you don’t have this. It’s cool–optional. Fresh is always better though.)
- Parmesan Cheese (Fresh is always better, but whatever.)
- Dice up half an onion. If you want to use the whole thing, I won’t be mad at you!
- Season the ground turkey with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Brown the ground turkey with the diced onion until fully cooked. The set aside in a bowl.
- Open the can of soup and pour in the liquid contents only. Set aside the tortellini.
- Add the green beans. If it’s from the can, be sure to drain it first.
- Add the meat. Stir and simmer.
- Gently fold in the tortellini to avoid ripping the pasta.
- Add 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4…or two hungry-ass adults.
Recipe by Zorina Frey